Oh, the basics are fine, bread, milk, fruit, meat, etc. It's the little necessities that I have trouble finding. You know, the essentials:
- Coconut Creme Coffeemate (why don't they sell this in the jumbo size?)
- Different flavors of Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches, I like choices, preferably coffee, not just vanilla
- Large containers of Southwestern Egg Beaters (I have to counter balance the Skinny Cow!)
- Crystal Light Ruby Red Drink Mix (come on Target & Kroger!)
- Fresh, still green bananas, not looking like they were involved in multiple games of "Hot Banana" before being placed gently on the shelf
I'm not a super shopper. I don't pay attention to mail out specials, hardly ever clip coupons, I shop on different days at different times of the day. I always feel I'm hitting the produce sections at the wrong time. Either everything has been picked over or it needs to be restocked. I hate feeling like I got the left over reject strawberries, bruised apples, bananas on life support, shriveled tomatoes, etc. I need insider tips.
Does the Kroger card REALLY save you anything? I have my doubts. Target is too tempting. I like HEB brand choices and selection on most things. Our local store though is always packed. Grrr. Wal-Mart, is well, Wal-Mart. Sigh.
I am trying 2 new things this week. The 100 calorie packs of snacks to work on my portion sizes. This will be defeated if I don't stick to one pouch at a time though! The other is Dannon Light & Fit Smoothies. I've been eating that brand of yogurt and thought I'd try something diff. Strawberry Banana is YUMMY.