As of last night, we are hotel dwellers. I felt like we were Ma and Pa Kettle with all of our bags, hanging clothes, stuff, one high-strung Golden Retriever and two skittish kitties. I'm glad it was already dark. Sadie (our dog) is pacing a track in the carpet already, let's just say she is slow to adjust to new things. I've hardly seen the cats, they've made a home for themselves under our bed.
As we were packing I realized a few things:
- I over pack way too much--but I can't stop myself. I might need it.
- We don't have adequate luggage. We were able pack our clothes fine, but it's all the other "stuff" like toiletries, make-up, books, pool stuff, animal stuff...you get my drift...we had all these miscellaneous bags that just seemed silly. But I might need it.
- I will adjust to hotel life, but I really miss my home and my stuff.
- When my home is in disarray, I am cranky and not myself. When my home is emptied out and packed away I am cranky and not myself. This could be a long 2 weeks.
The hotel has some perks:
- fresh towels everyday
- hot breakfast buffet every morning
- they allow our crazy pets
- snacks in the evening
- a kitchenette in our room, but as long as there's a coffee pot and a fridge for my creamer, I'm a happy camper
- A. has her own room, bathroom and queen bed (how will she ever go back to her "daybed"--actually converted crib?)
- a Starbucks within walking distance
- Internet--pretty much a deal breaker!
So, um...yeah...maybe hotel life is pretty good after all. We're off to the pool...