1. I am an only child.
2. I always wanted a brother or sister.
3. But I was okay with not sharing too.
4. I live on the same street I grew up on.
We built a home on my grandparents' property.
5. I only left for college, Abilene Christian University.6. Can you say sheltered?
7. We never moved when I was a child either.
8. I grew up 2 doors down from my grandparents.
9. My dad still lives 2 houses away.
10. Apparently, my roots are pretty deep here.
11. I've always admired people that have moved a lot though.
12. My favorite colors are pink and green.
13. I love polka dots, plaids, patterns and stripes. Just not together, or at least tastefully arranged.
14. Thanks to my mom, I acquired a love for reading.
15. One of my favorite things to do is stay in bed all day with a stack of books. Or beside a beach or pool. Delightful. In this season of my life however, I don't get to do it often.
16. I enjoy all varieties of books, except science fiction. I most enjoy historical fiction.
17. I feel happiness walking by my bookshelves and seeing the books I've read and then feeling anticipation for the next books to read.
18. Barnes and Noble, Half Price Books, and Amazon.com are dangerous places for me.
19. However, I love the library too. It's much safer for my wallet.
20. I taught 4th grade for 3.5 years.
21. I say 3.5 because I returned to do a long term substitute fill-in for one of my fellow teachers having twins.
22. I love History, especially Texas history.
23. I love children's literature too.
24. I have been married to Scott for 12 years.
June 17, 1995
25. We both worked in the same building at NASA and were introduced by a co-worker.
26.We have a 4 year old daughter, Annelise.
27. After struggling with infertility, God created our family through adoption28. I love cats. We have two, Spunky and Spooky. We usually see them after A. has gone to bed.
29. We also have a dog named Sadie. She's a Golden Retriever.
30. I alternate between waging war on the pet hair and just accepting it. I try not to be the Floor Nazi, but sometimes...
31. I love to have a clean house.
32. Sometimes I hate cleaning though.
33. I don't mind doing laundry, since the machines do most of the work. I remind myself to be thankful, since in another time period I could be beside the creek with lye soap.
34. I feel a sense of satisfaction when all the clean laundry is folded/hung/put away.
35. I try hard not to resent the first items of dirty clothes that start the cycle over.
36. I don't like to iron.
37. I am thankful that Scott came to this marriage knowing how to iron.
38. I could live on Tex-Mex.
39. And coffee.
40. And sweets.
42. I enjoy paper crafts--stamping, making cards, scrapbooking.
43. I have a weakness for blank notepads, blank journals and blank card sets.
44. This must speak to my deep need to document my life, however bland and ordinary it may be.
45. I also like to sew. I just don't do it often.
46. I might have craft ADHD.
47. Sometimes I am 100% committed to a project and will finish it with pride and glee.
48. Other times I stop midway, pack it up and slink off with my head hung low.
49. I feel guilty about my quilt blocks sitting in a basket since 2003. Just waiting to be finished. The shame, the shame.
50. I took an oil painting class several years ago, but never finished one of the 4 canvases I started. The instructor kept telling me to relax and not be such a perfectionist. I could never get the trees right. He mentioned a need for liquor.
Congrats to you for making it through the first set! Check back soon for more thrilling tidbits...