51. Before we had Annelise, we never really traveled like we should have, you know, footloose and fancy free.
52. We did take a cruise to Cozumel, Grand Cayman and Jamaica. I enjoyed it, but felt a bit like a sheep at times being herded around.
53. Scott and I also traveled to Singapore on a mission trip in 2002. Even though we didn't know it then, the long plane trip prepared us for another trip in the future.
55. This summer we flew to Maine to visit Scott's family. Now I'm no longer scared to travel longer distances with a child. I've learned the memories and experiences far outweigh any worries or fears.
56. In large groups I tend to be quiet and reserved. Maybe even shy.
57. I relate better in small groups or one on one.
58. I don't mind being alone. In fact, I crave it sometimes.
59. As a child, I was in between a girly girl and a tomboy.
60. I played with dolls and Barbies (and Little People of course).
61. I could also bait my own hook.
63. I thought I was so cool with my disco tennis shoe roller skates. They were bright blue with yellow stripes and jumbo yellow wheels. Yep, cool.
64. I wanted to be Laura Ingalls badly.
67. One of my first records, for my little Sears record player, was Elvis, Live from Hawaii.
68. I was devastated when he died.
69. I moved on to Shaun Cassidy and The Fonz. He-y-y-yy.
71. My mom discovered the Shag, hence so did I.
73. I thought I looked like a boy and was devastated.
74. In 6th grade, after my hair had grown again for several years, she did it to me again.
75. 6th grade is NOT the time to drastically change your appearance, trust me.
76. Plus I got braces.
77. By junior high we reached a hair truce and I got my own curling iron to create the wings or sausage rolls, depending on how my hair did that day.
78. I even carried a little butane curling iron to high school.
79. Hair is a big deal in Texas.
My senior portrait circa 198680. I also carried vital make up and hair spray to reapply between classes and after P.E.
81. I was never in an organized sport during school, so I had to take P.E. What a treat.
82. We were a close little family when I was growing up.
83. When I was in 8th grade my grandmother had a heart attack and passed away.
84. Our little family was rocked to its core as my grandmother had been a very large part of our lives.
85. My mom was hit hardest.
86. Her health rapidly declined and in 1983, she passed away. I was a freshman in high school.
87. This loss has defined me in many ways.
88. My dad remarried and I had a stepmother.
89. This addition also defined me in many ways.
90. I'm not a social butterfly.
91. I find comfort in having a few close friends.
93. In marriage, this can be disconcerting.
94. I like silver jewelry, not gold.
95. I don't wear a lot of jewelry or accessories. Usually.
96. My favorite ensemble is a t-shirt (typically white, brown or black)and jeans, capris or bermuda shorts.
97. I wear comfortable shoes. I love my Crocs, flips and Born Mary Janes.
99. I have colored hose flashbacks from the late 80s and early 90s. Shiver.
100. However, I love my Spanx and BodyWrap foundation garments. ;)
I bet you are on the edge of your seat for the next fascinating installment of tidbits, right?