Dipping our tootsies in the Atlantic.
Visited Maine in September.2. Did you keep your resolutions, and will you make more this year?
I didn't make any formal resolutions last year (ha ha...so no failure), but I plan on making a few goals for 2008 and keeping tabs on them.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No, not this year.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, not this year. In late 2006 my stepmother, Ruby, passed away.
5. What countries did you visit? Sadly, none. I enjoyed visiting vicariously through some lucky bloggers that traveled.
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? Balance and consistency. I tend to start some things and not follow through. I need to be more disciplined.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched in your memory and why? The different half marathons that I finished throughout the year. We traveled as a family around Texas so I could participate. Early April when a special friend moved to another town across the state. Finally, A.'s Gotcha Day, November 14th, because that is something we celebrate together, just the 3 of us.
8. What was your biggest personal achievement?
9. What was your biggest failure?
Not being more diligent with my exercise and strength training. I started down a slippery slope with sweets and treats from September (A.'s birthday and trip to Maine) through the holidays.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Thankfully no.
11. What was the best thing you bought? Proactiv
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Former Prime Minister Benizir Bhutta of Pakistan. I don't always follow the news in the Middle East like I should, usually because I don't understand it. I had seen recent interviews and reports about her efforts. When I saw the news about her assassination I just teared up.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
The long list of overly indulged celebrities that have never been told NO and repeatedly exhibit poor judgment and bad behavior. They don't depress me, they just annoy me and make me roll my eyes.
14. Where did most of your money go? Target, Amazon, Running paraphernalia and race expenses.
15. What did you get really, really excited about?
Training with Bay Area Fit for my first full marathon. Running in general. Good mail.
16. What song will remind you of 2007?
17. Compared to last year, were you a) happier or sadder, b) thinner or fatter, c) richer or poorer.
I think I am about the same across the board. I may have been more toned last year because I was working out more and making better food choices.
18.What do you wish you'd done more of?
Scrapbooking. Blogging seems to have replaced that right now--but I hope to get caught up. It's very important to me to document my life and our life as a family in journals and scrapbooks. I always feel like I should read more too. Also I need to watch more national and international news, I feel like I barely know what is going on. That said, this morning I watched Fox News and CNN for about 20 minutes and then clicked to a recording of The O.C. on our DVR. I guess I like pretend better.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
While blogging has been a fantastic outlet for me in many, many ways I realize how obsessed I have been with it at times. My goal is to balance my time better this year.
20. Did you fall in love in 2007
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't last year? Can't think of anyone.
23. What was the best book you read?
24. What was your greatest musical discovery? MIKA and Regina Spektor
25. What did you want and get? A digital SLR camera. Now I have to learn how to use the fancy schmancy settings.
26. What did you want and not get? A date night or short getaway (even a night) with just Scott.
27. What was your favorite film of the year? We only saw 2 in the theater: The Bourne Ultimatum and Dan In Real Life(which was hilarious and sweet). Netflix has been a true delight. I enjoyed a bunch of documentaries, especially Paper Clips.
To feel like I did everything to the best of my ability. In many ways I'm quite the slacker.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007?
Comfortable. Jeans, capris, bermuda shorts, t-shirts, crocs.
31. What kept you sane?