I big puffy heart love Five for Friday posts because they give me a chance to blog about completely random, usually unrelated things. Not that I don't do that anyway.
Here we go...
1. Monday was a stinker of a day thanks to the migraine I woke up with and spent the better part of the day living through. I get them occasionally, some are doozies and some are more bearable, this one fell in the doozy category. I don't know if certain foods trigger them or if they are PMS/hormonal (tend to think the latter, because guess what arrived later this week). It was all I could do to just lie on my bed, in the dark and try not to vomit. Annelise came in to ask if she was going to go to school or not. I mumbled something about being sorry, but Mama can't sit up much less drive. She was the sweetest thing though, keeping herself busy playing with Legos, dolls, coloring and playing PBS kids for quite a while. She even foraged her own breakfast, an apple and a cheese stick as they were the most accessible. Note to self: move cereal to lower shelf. Sometime in the later afternoon the migraine wore off and I felt human again.
2. Are y'all watching So You Think You Can Dance? If not, why not?!?!? They just announced the Top 20, so it's not too late to jump in and watch, now is when the fun really begins! The talent is amazing, absolutely jaw dropping dancing (I can't dance worth beans, but I love the show). Now that the show is back this summer, I'm totally obsessed with Mia Michael's hair all over again. Totally. How badly do I want to cut my hair all spiky funky and dye it peroxide blonde? Um...pretty ding dang bad.
3. Annelise rarely naps any more. I know, it's sad. We usually enforce naps on Sundays and Wednesdays (since there are evening church services), but that's about it. Last week we had our usual conversation along the lines of it being time for her nap, how she wasn't tired, naps are boring, and she was not going to sleep at all. At all.
Approximately 10 minutes later...
4. So Scott and I have started something new (and I'll probably blog more about it from time to time). We totally drank the Kool-Aid and ordered the P90X workout system. We did. It sat on our counter for a few weeks while we waited for just the right time to start, or so we said. Well, this was the week. Y'all. It's TUFF. By Wednesday I could hardly move, my entire body was crying, but it was a good kind of cry I guess.
Thursday was Yoga X (I'm learning that the X means extreme, or just the other side of crazy) and Annelise took my picture trying to balance in some whacked out warrior pose.
I will never make fun of yoga again. Never. Sweat was dripping all over various places and parts. I attempted to do all the poses and moves, it was quite a challenge. I wore my shoes for part of it since I have weird wonky feet that need stability. I also wore shorts, which I'll probably not do again. As you are contorting into all of the positions you see your legs in all their glory. Note to self: wear yoga pants in the future. I also realized I really must vacuum.
5. I am officially an old fuddy duddy. Why? Because I'm obsessed with Gold Bond Powder (the extra-strength version has menthol in it and it's cool and tingly). I know. Now that we are almost knee deep (or should I say armpit deep?) in the suffocating, stifling, fry an egg on the sidewalk, two shower days of summer in South Texas, Gold Bond is my friend. Close friend.