Five somewhat random thoughts in no particular order. My favorite kind. Here we go...
1. I like fall and all but I haven't gotten into the full swing of fall decorating yet. Or any swing. I always seem to be a little late to fall's party, plus the fact it's still in the low 90s dampens my fall fever. I feel like a sweaty fall fraud.
Anyway, my point is, I do love fall scents and have already embraced them. I am currently infatuated with the Febreeze dual fragrance thingies, particularly the limited edition fall duo of pumpkin harvest and cranberry. I keep finding reasons to walk near it and pretend it's brisk outside, there's pumpkin pie in the oven and a fall wreath on the door.
2. Speaking of fragrance, I think a lady (an upper grade teacher, I believe) at Annelise's school passive aggressively mocked my fragrance today. I know that some people are sensitive to perfumes so I always try to spray lightly, but I do spray. My go to spray of late is Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, it's delightful (in my opinion). As I was waiting outside Annelise's classroom, which is right beside the teacher's workroom, she walked by me on her way to the workroom. She then proceeded to mutter something along the lines of, " Whew, that's strong!" with an irritated eye roll thing. I didn't think anything at first, but then when she walked back by me, she deliberately coughed. Hack. Hack.
If my olfactory system was similarly assaulted I don't think I would behave that way. I probably would have covered my nose with my hand or something and hurried along with my business. I think I would have handled it better if she had just told me directly.
So, now I'm curious, what do you do when your nose is assaulted by perfumes/colognes? Would you say something, passive aggressively mock it or deal & hurry?
3. In sad news, I somehow lost my beloved silver heart charm bracelet somewhere today. Scott gave it to me almost ten years ago and it came in a precious blue box. I'm so sad and feel so out of sorts, since I rarely took it off, I feel nekkid. I've rummaged and searched and called to no avail. I'm hoping I will stumble upon it. Fingers crossed.
4. The RSVPs have been rolling in for Annelise's friend birthday party this Saturday! We have been in full on Star Wars/Jedi training mode for the past few weeks and thankfully a lot of the big-ish things are done. Now it's last minute details and final touches like furniture moving and cupcake baking. Earlier in the week I was in a state of bliss over ten friends, that seemed so quaint and manageable. Now I am officially scared and coping by stress eating because in less than 48 hours, fifteen 3-7 year olds will be ringing our doorbell ready to be trained as Jedi knights and entertained for two hours. Fifteen.
Deep cleansing breath.
5. Oh, did I forget to mention that there also seems to be an 80% chance of rain this weekend? Along with the fifteen small children coming to our house? Looks like we'll have to come up with a Plan B for our backyard Jedi Agility Course. It may have to be a Jedi Garage Course. Or something. Hope they don't mind.
We may have to call upon The Force.
Have a great weekend friends!