You know, blah builder beige. Brace yourself for mediocrity.
1. We've been in the full swing of Kindergarten for about a month now. Can you tell by the look on her face whether or not she still likes it?
2. After the first few weeks of walking her inside, with Annelise starting to say goodbye to me 30 feet from her door, she decided she was ready for the car drop off. At first I wasn't, but then, once I realized I could take her to school still wearing my PJ pants,
3. Friday night we did something I haven't done in over 20 years. We went to a football game. My old high school football game to be exact.
When we told Annelise we were going that night, she decided a sign was in order to encourage the team. All in all it turned out to be a fun evening and we plan to go to at least one more game this season. I was a little shocked by the general teenage attire and hearing casual F-bombs being dropped as we walked to the stadium in front of some teen girls. Sigh.
4. Annelise is having round two with The Semi-Plague, except this time there's no fever (thank goodness), just congestion/cough. I don't know if it's the weather changes we've had or just another perk of Kindergarten or both.
5. So it turns out that the cooler temps earlier were just a scam. Heat and humidity came back with a vengeance over the weekend, much to my dismay. Scott still brought the fall boxes down, I cranked up the air conditioning and ceiling fans and I pretended I lived somewhere with actual seasons while I decorated (will post pics soon).
Yawn! Could this post be any more boring? I don't think so. I'm putting myself to sleep just typing this drivel, so I think I must put it (and you) out of its (and your) misery.