So it turns out if you stop running and just about every other form of exercise, yet continue to eat junkity-junk-junk food and sugary sweet-to-eat-treats, for a month or more several things will inevitably happen:
1. Your face will become unpleasantly puffy (as well as other parts of you, but it's hard to camouflage the face).
2. Your hair will be dull and lifeless.
3. Your clothes become more than uncomfortable, some will even cease to fit.
4. Not only will you have boobs in the front, you will also have them on your back.
5. You will delete more pictures of yourself than you used to.
6. Your already shaky self-image/self-esteem issues will become even more fragile.
7. You will be moody and irritable (which seems to be part of the vicious cycle of emotional eating).
8. The only loose part of your jeans will be the lower legs.
9. You are convinced your running shoes are mocking you.
10. You are so mad at yourself for doing this to yourself you decide to finally get over yourself.
You get the idea. It's not pretty.
But I went for a run this morning. Although I'd call it more wogging (that's Crystal's term for somewhere between walking and jogging, love that). At least that's a start in the right direction.
(I'll be posting the rest of our fertility journey this week. And more running posts, Scouts' honor--even though I was only a Brownie, I still mean it. I absolutely HAD to address the truth that was staring back at me in the mirror first.)