1. We've had a lovely week of fall-esque weather between the hours of 6:00-10:30 am and anytime after 7:00 pm.
So I bought a small pumpkin.
But that $2.97 purchase, as well as adding my fall foliage to our front door hanging basket thingie, is as far as I've gone with regards to fall decorating.
Aren't you jealous?
2. Did you know I am a tap dancer?
Well, not yet, since I haven't really tapped since the Bicentennial and my mom's frosty blue eyeshadow was in style. But I plan to be a tap dancer again. I'm taking a beginner tap class once a week to prepare to dance with Annelise in the Mother-Daughter routine at her recital in the spring. On stage. In a costume. In front of an audience. Gulp.
Yesterday I bought a pair of ladies high heel tap shoes and felt the excitement of starting something new.Then I almost passed out when it came time to pay. I've been hanging on to my little punch card that the dance store gave me (Annelise gets her shoes there) so I was thrilled when the girl punched the rest of that card, gave me a new one and told me I was saving $10. They were still $47.00!! Seriously.
Last night was the first class so I buckled up my tap shoes and tried to swallow my fear. We practiced flap ball changes, shuffle hop steps, shuffle leaps and then the flap, pop, brush, heel, toe, heel step. There was some sweating. It was fun. Annelise couldn't wait to hear (and see) what I learned, I'm so glad she can help me. What I lack in musicality I hope I can make up for with spirit and a smile.
3. Annelise wrote her letter of apology to her teacher about the incident. I thought she might complain about having to do it but she was highly agreeable (lingering effects of guilt and humiliation, you think?), so that was good. I really appreciated all of your comments, thoughts and advice about that whole situation. It's true, parenting is not for weenies.
4. Okay, please don't slap me but I'm going to talk about nail polish one more time. I guess after not wearing it for so long I'm easily entertained. Today I popped into CVS, which is a store that really annoys me because of their misguided concept of organization and their annoying little red cards that are supposed to save you money, and I really don't want to mess with another card, I just want to buy what I need at a reasonable price and get on with my life. So, no, I don't shop there often. This morning it was closest and I was lazy.
Of course had to walk by their selection of polish by my new BFF, Sally Hansen. For some reason Navy Baby spoke to me and I could not resist her charms.
Yes, it's alarmingly close to Midnight in NY, but there's no glitter and it's much more blue instead of black.
Good, I'm glad we could clear that up.
I also came this close to buying an air popcorn popper at CVS.
I don't know why.
I decided to wait.
5. After this week's disturbing Grilled Cheesus episode I think we're finally breaking up with Glee. I know I've said that before but then I'd always give it one more week and then another. It seems like they have a few *safe* episodes then throw in a raunchy, boundary stretching one or two, then back off for a while and then repeat the manipulative pattern. This week's show was a different level of offensive though. So that's that. I'm going to try not to miss the music, Mr. Shue, Sue and the whole gang.
Hope y'all have a fabulous weekend!