Remember me telling y'all about finding a few surprises in my purse the other day?
What? You don't?
I'm devastated to find out my ramblings are not the center of your orbit.
Based on those surprises I decided I should go ahead and clean out my purse sooner rather than later and, since I'm such a good sport, and since I'm sure y'all have been anxiously waiting on the edge of your seats to find out what I've been hauling around, I thought I'd document my odds and ends for you.
Hi, I'm Holly and I like run-on sentences.
Here's an overview:
Let's take a closer look at one section:
1. My wallet (see the black thing with the hot pink H?).
2. Leftover coupons for rollerskating (more on that soon).
3. A pocket calendar (made by my awesome friend Kim).
4. Small Vera Bradley make-up bag.
5. Two containers of Altoids and two packages of gum because one package at a time is obviously inadequate. You'll be glad to know I consolidated the Altoids.
6. Small memo book (also made by my awesome friend Kim) that needs repair (glue) because the water bottle that I always carry spilled one day. Oops.
Moving right along to another section:
7. A random junky kids' meal toy, long forgotten.
8. Pony tail holder.
9. Assorted gum wrappers, receipt and small stick.
11. My kabuki brush (recently found, YAY!)
12. Two lip balms, Burt's Bees and EOS. Love them both, especially the fun shape of the EOS (the pinkish round one).
13. Three small hand lotions, one is fragranced (Pure Grace) and two are plain (one was a hotel freebie, what? y'all are supposed to take them).
14. Small spritzer of perfume (Pure Grace).
15. One lip gloss (Buxom, Clair).
16. One small Sharpie, hot pink.
17. Three black pens (I used to be a Pilot Precise girl, now I'm head over heels for the Sharpie pen).
18. $ 1.11 in assorted coins that fell out of my wallet looooong ago.
19. One small bottle of powder.
20. Two bottles of hand sanitizer gel.
Why do I always safer with two of everything? Noah obsession much?
And finally, here's a look inside my make-up bag:
22. A Buxom lipstick called Marrakech.
23. Pepto Bismol tablets.
24. Two small perfume spritzers (Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel).
25. One lone Band-Aid.
26. Bare Escentuals mineral veil compact thingie.
27. Two (really, are you surprised by this?) lip liners (MAC spice, Mary Kay neutral).
28. MAC lipstick in Blankety (a perfect pink-y nude).
29. Contact rewetting drops.
29. L'oreal lipstick in Mica.
And let's not forget my new aviator shades (an ode to Tami Taylor, though in silver instead of gold):
Carrying a larger bag has it's perks and pits, but I don't think I'll ever be one of those minimalist, teensie-tiny purse owners because that would put a crimp in my if one is good, two are better motto.
P.S. Here's what I was carrying around way back in 2007 in case you're interested and have a few more minutes to kill. Oh c'mon, it'll be fun.
How about you, do you carry a purse? Big or small?
What's usually hiding in your bag?
(If you wanna play along and do a post like this please let me know so I can check it out, I'm nothing if not