For some reason I feel the need to make a list today.
Not of anything of earth-shattering importance mind you, mainly for the sole purpose of quieting my brain.
1. Annelise stayed home from school yesterday under the pretense of still having a sore throat.
2. Not that I didn't believe her, I did, but she didn't have any other cold-ish symptoms and never had a fever over the weekend or anything.
3. But I was worried she'd get to school and start complaining and before you could say cold faker the office would be calling.
4. Or she would suddenly get worse at school and then it would seem like we sent Plague Child to school.
5. Is there a limit to how long one should play Lego Harry Potter, Years 1-4 on the PS?
8. Guess who went to school today?
9. I haven't posted menu plans these last two weeks, and I know I have quite the track record of going great guns with something and then fizzling out 2/3 of the way in, but I have been cooking.
10. I've just reached the point where I'm repeating my go-to recipes and am rather bored.
11. This morning I dumped everything in the Crock-Pot for Salsa Chicken, which is a repeat from three-ish weeks ago, but my people eat it up just the same.
12. Yesterday I decided I was going to get back on track with my eating.
13. As in eat like a 42 year old should and not like a teenager.
14. Or like how Spridle and Chim-Chim eat on Speed Racer (CANDY! WE WANT CANDY!!)
15. I made one of my huge salads for lunch (cabbage! spinach! broccoli! black beans! nuts! tomato!) and thoroughly enjoyed every healthy bite.
16. Then later that afternoon I decided I could go no further along in life without baking cookies.
17. Obviously I am conflicted.
18. And of course I ate four or maybe forty when they came out of the oven.
19. I'm exaggerating.
20. A little.
21. But then later I worked out with TurboFire & ChaLEAN for 1.5 hours and felt better.
22. And even though I heard the cookies calling to me from the kitchen late last night, I resisted.
25. No more Amazon instant gratification clicks or trips to Half Price Books.
26. Of course exceptions can be made, and I am the judge.
27. So I've been in a hot and heavy affair with the library.
28. Namely their on-line hold system (love).
29. I think I was #23 (or higher) when I added my name to the list for Bossypants.
30. What the what?
31. I want to go to there.
31. Now it's finally my turn.
32. Patience is a virtue after all.
Did I really just type out 32 randoms?
Happy Tuesday, y'all!